Monday, May 16, 2005

REA-LAMO TV

Why has reality TV taken over our airwaves. Sometimes I don't know if I should be disgusted or have sympathy. Anyone who needs to go onto TV and beg for a mate is very sad. Why have we become so disconnected from what TV should really be that they have to air what is reality now. TV was made to entertain us from the norm with made up stories and lives of others. You would never see some plain jane or joe as the bachelor, or ugly people singing horribly on national TV. I will admit I do watch the fix-it shows on TLC. I tried to watch The Average Joe because I believed that it was actually reality. What is sad also is that reality TV is not even reality. It is still only filled with beautiful people. I have never watched Survivor but I guess there were some un-attractive people there.

There is one bright and shining star that stands alone in the otherwise dim setting of reality TV and that would be Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

A really deserving family deserving a second chance. This show always makes me cry. I also watch the Apprentice. I blame my husband for that one. Otherwise I do not even glance at the other things. Give me House, Medium, Lost, Desperate Housewives and CSI anyday over Reality TV. Also please bring back Medical Investigation. Reality TV will always be REA-LAMO TV to me.

|